United provides captive clients with flexible casualty reinsurance support along traditional excess of loss and pro rata lines.
United provides clients with retention buy-down and aggregate stop loss reinsurance protections.
Through the years, United has been successful in providing captives with competitively priced program support in the “buffer layer” area.
United Casualty – Underwriting
United provides capacity as reinsurance of the Captive, enabling excess commercial markets to attach at higher levels. United’s capacity can provide support to the Captive where a higher attachment point has been imposed by the markets or allow the Captive to increase its retention in return for premium reductions. Capacity can also be provided on an aggregate excess of loss basis to protect the Captive from an unexpected frequency of losses within its retention. United offers capacity of up to $1.5m and its attachment point for excess casualty business is typically not less than $250,000.
Coverage is available either on a stand-alone basis or in conjunction with coverage provided by United’s subsidiary company, Nexus Reinsurance Company – a primary casualty pooling facilitator.
United Casualty Product
- United is AM Best A- rated (stable) – Established 1975.
- Up to US$1.5m in casualty reinsurance capacity.
- Reinsurance solutions provided to captives under Aon management worldwide
- Long term view – United, being a super-captive possesses extensive understanding and appreciation for all captive related matters.
- Ceding commissions available to captive
- Submission Requirements: To include at least 5 year loss history & exposures, e.g. payroll, vehicle numbers, turnover; details of underlying policy coverage and limits; self-insured and captive retentions.