United provides captive clients with flexible property reinsurance support along traditional excess of loss and pro rata lines.
United provides clients with retention buy-down, second loss event and aggregate stop loss reinsurance protections.
Through the years, United has also been successful in providing captives with well priced program support in the “buffer layer” area.
Property Buffer Layer
In today’s tightening market, commercial insurers and/or reinsurers, have started to push organizations to retain more risk, either at corporate or captive balance sheet level. Insurers and reinsurers wish to extract themselves from the area of attritional loss and concentrate their capacities at attachment levels which are subject to “shock” losses only. These mandated attachment point increases present CFOs and Risk Managers with increased real cost uncertainty due to greater risk-taking.
United has the ability and appetite to provide captive clients with protection at realistic terms in this new exposure area created by higher attachment points.
United Property Product
- United is AM Best A- rated (stable) – Established 1975
- Up to US$5.0m in property reinsurance capacity.
- No industry types excluded
- Global account appetite
- Focus on Risk Management, HPR, Loss Control
- Reinsurance solutions provided to captives under Aon management worldwide
- Coverage to “All Risks” broad form, including Business Interruption, Boiler & Machinery, Builders Risk. Subject to market standard restrictions
- Long term view – United, being a super-captive possesses extensive understanding and appreciation for all captive related matters.
- Ceding commissions / Profit commissions available to captive
- Submission Requirements: To include 10 year loss history & statement of values with zip-codes or equivalent, construction, occupancy, year built, number of stories, square footage of building(s) and values by coverage